We are specialists in marine ecological survey work, with many years and thousands of hours of offshore experience. We generally use ESAS methodology (with occasional ‘tweaks’) on our surveys, which is now the industry standard and are registered trainers with JNCC. We also provide MMO, PSO and PAM sea mammal surveys to JNCC standard.
- Offshore seabird and sea mammal surveys undertaken to JNCC industry standard (ESAS).
- Qualified JNCC ESAS trainers and surveyors.
- Over thirty sites surveyed in the UK and further afield including the largest site in Europe; the recently consented Round 3 Hornsea windfarm site in the North Sea.
- Members of the team are regular survey leaders for offshore boat surveys.
- JNCC aerial surveys undertaken throughout the UK.
- All surveyors hold relevant safety and insurance certificates.
- ESAS training courses provided.
- Extensive knowledge of seabirds, cetaceans and other marine mammals.
- Data input, checking and validation.
- Level 2 powerboat qualified drivers
“It's important when commissioning marine surveys that you can trust the data you get back. Micky Maher, Tim Sykes and Stuart Thomas are among the most experienced and accurate ESAS surveyors in Europe. This is why I looked to them to take part in seabird and cetacean monitoring surveys during my time at JNCC as Seabird and Cetacean Monitoring Ecologist.”- Andy Webb, Environment and Statistics Manager, HiDef Aerial Surveying Ltd.