All of our Associates have a proven track record of providing high quality, professional surveys for a huge range of clients across the UK. We have worked for some of the leading ecological consultancies and environmental organisations in the UK on terrestrial projects. We can take on a particular aspect of a survey or provide a team to manage a whole survey programme if required. We have undertaken surveys on:
- Onshore windfarms in England, Scotland & Wales
- Potential extensions of nuclear power stations
- Transport infrastructure
- Building developments
- Coastal and port developments
- Ornithological specialists. We can undertake all recognised ornithological methodologies for most requirements. We can offer breeding , wintering and migratory bird surveys as well as more specific and technical surveys on species such as nightjar, goose and divers . We are highly experienced in delivering surveys directly related to the renewable power industry.
- We offer fully licensed bat surveys and are Level 1 & 2 licenced from NE & NRW. We can employ dawn & dusk activity watches, transect work and the use of static/passive detectors.
- Significant experience in using bat detectors, analysing calls and providing full and detailed reports.
- Mammal surveys for badger, otter, dormouse and water vole
- Reptiles and Amphibians. Licensed for survey of great crested newts (GCN) in England & Wales by NE & NRW We employ traditional survey methods as well as the new eDNA survey technique where applicable.
- Invertebrates with particular knowledge on lepidoptera (butterflies & moths) and odonata (dragon and damselflies).
- Arboricultural surveys undertaken.
As part of our species surveys we can provide:
- Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA)
- Preliminary Ecological Assessment (PEA)
- Scoping studies
- Protected Species Assessment
- Phase 1 & Extended Phase 1 surveys
- Short & Long term monitoring programmes
- Ecological Research
- Management Plans
- Desk based surveys and consultation
- All associates have both Professional Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance
- A 4×4 is available for sites where required/stipulated.
“Stuart is a very experienced and highly technically proficient field ornithologist. He has particular expertise in onshore and offshore bird survey work, but is also a very experienced field ecologist with knowledge of many species groups. Stuart’s other strengths include his ability to strike up easy friendships with landowners and other fieldworkers, his reliability and the presentation of his work, which is excellent. I have Stuart on numerous jobs over the past 10 years, and he has always delivered an excellent service.”
“Micky is a highly skilled field ornithologist and general ecologist, and also has a well-developed interest in upland plant communities. He stands out from many other freelancers due to his analytical approach to survey work and his attention to detail. As a result, where changes or tweaks to survey are needed to ensure a better end result for the client, he can be relied upon to identify them. Micky is also very conscientious, works well as one of a team of surveyors or as a survey co-ordinator, and is very straightforward to deal with.”- Owain Gabb, Director, BSG Ecology.